Skip to main content

A Valid Path

Last weekend I completed ripping my Alan Parsons CD collection and started listening to it at work off my portable media player. While listening, I figured I might as well google Alan, maybe there would be some interesting historical stuff on the web. As it turns out, Alan Parsons is still kicking and has a new album out! Even better, he's doing electronica now! I'll be receiving it shortly and will do a review.
This will be the first record without his long-time bandmates Ian Bairnson, and Stuart Elliott. The new album will take Alan in a new direction and into the world of electronica. Artists appearing on this record include: Nortec Collective, The Crystal Method, Shpongle, PJ Olsson, and Pink Floyd's David Gilmour.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Vision Man here. What have you got for a personal media player? ipod man myself. A new Parsons album, whatever his current musical flavor of the moment, is always a plus. Read a cool story the other day that the BBC is in the process of filming new Dr. Who episodes. Any thoughts?
Anonymous said…
Vision Man here. Any new album from Parsons, regardless of style is always a positive. What type of portable media player is your fancy. ipod man myself.
Saw an article the other day that the BBC is shooting new Dr.Who episodes, any thoughts?
Unknown said…
I've got a Dell DJ. It's almost as elegant as an iPod, and equally as functional. I'd give it a 4 out of 5. The software that comes with it is below average, but after buying Dudebox Manager (from Red Chair software) I am much happier. This program syncs with the DJ in the same way that iTunes syncs with the iPod, and has an Xtreamer option that allows you to stream tunes from the DJ to any PC that it's hooked up to via a USB cable.

Parsons is one of those people who just can't stop themselves from making music, I guess - you know the kind of person I'm talking about. (One of them can be found at www.burkum.com/store.)

New Dr. Who episodes - that would be Incredible! Give us the link! Will it be on PBS?
Anonymous said…
Vision Man here with your new Dr. Who episode info link:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18288
Unknown said…
Ain't It Cool!

Popular posts from this blog