Skip to main content

Anecdote

My wife is from Ukraine. My mother-in-law just got her permanent resident alien visa. The only glitch in her interview was that they did not believe the Canadian marriage certificate between my wife and I was real. When she tried to say it was, the officer (obviously, a Ukrainian) said "Why didn't you get a full size copy?" (Our marriage certificate is larger than a driver's license, but not by much. That's the official size of Canadian marriage ceritificates.) When my mother-in-law said, "Well, it kind of is full size," the officer said "Them, marriage certificates, don't come in no tiny sizes like that! Now I know it's fake!" Finally the officer went to the consular and was told that the certificate looked OK. Thanks to my wife for the anecdote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog