After watching some of the coverage of the Petraeus hearings, it makes me think - if there were a nuclear war, I'd probably have to listen to NPR just to get the facts, because FOX and CNN would be unwilling to report anything that might inconvenience the Bush Administration. I can see it now - "Yes, there has been a limited nuclear exchange, but so far casualties have been low according to our expectations, and we are confident survivability remains possible despite what must must seem to outsiders to look like overwhelming odds."
Senator Kerry calls this a "tragic milestone," and the most catastrophic of the administration's mistakes made so far. Regardless of his mistakenly voting for the war at the time, he's right. For him to turn against the Iraq war is a flip-flop I would be happy with. Hopefully he has an exit strategy, even though he's not telling us about it at the moment.
This is why Bush must be defeated in November. I realize the economy is an important issue, but compared to 1000++ dead soldiers? Come on. Not to mention 7,000++ wounded, and the 11,000++ estimated by the Iraq Body Count . This is a slam dunk, as George Tenet would say.
Prediction: if Bush is [re]elected, the U.S. will engage in pre-emptive war against Iran and/or North Korea. Is that really what we want?
Comments